APPRAISALS & CONSULTATIONS
CONSULTATIONS: BUY, SELL & MANAGE
- Art consultation services ultimately are defined by the individual clients needs and desires - but overall, our consulting services result in building a collection or enhancing existing collections with the best investments and market value
- Accessions: We source quality works of art, and have access to a multitude of important works and artists outside our immediate gallery representation
- De-accessions: We sell quality works of arts for clients via digital platforms and databases
- Market comparisons & analytics
- Commission works for particular architectural settings
- Curatorial services for residential and commercial spaces
- Collection documentation via electronic software; access 24/7 anywhere
- Framing: archival
- Installation and lighting
- Shipping and transport
- Storage, security, and climate control suggestions
- Procurement of art insurance
- Data and inventory management
- Digital imaging
- Provenance, history, and literature references
- Purchase history and related records, costs, i.e.
- Additional services upon request...
ART APPRAISALS : WHAT IS MY ART WORTH?
An art appraisal is a written statement, independently and impartially prepared by an expert, setting forth an opinion of defined value of an adequately described property, as of a specific date, supported by the presentation and analysis of relevant market information.
- Description of appraised object: artist, title, medium, date(s)/period of creation, signature, insciprtion, dimensions, etc.
- Determinations of appropriate markets and market data comparisons
- Major and minor auction histories pertaining to an individual lot (if applicable)
- Provenance (history of the art work)
- Fair market value, replacement or marketable cash value
- Additional information: exhibition history, publication history, artist history, etc.
- APPRAISAL PURPOSES:
- INSURANCE SCHEDULING
- DAMAGE AND LOSS
- SALE AND PURCHASE
- EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION
- CHARITABLE DONATIONS
- ESTATE AND TAX RETURNS
- PROBATE OF ESTATES
CONSIDERING AN APPRAISAL? Please fill out this form at best and an expert will contact you. There is no initial consulting fee.
APPRAISAL & CONSUTLING FEES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
RJG charges approximately $375 per art work. RJG requires $150 per hour for travel time to locations outside of Charleston proper. These fees are subject to change depending on each project.
PLEASE NOTE: Consulting and appraisal fees are not based on commissions or percentages of items valued, the intended use of the consultation report / the appraisal or the financial outcome from its use.